KUCD. You should be here.You have a lot to learn. KU has a lot to teach. It's a place where you can discover the power of your voice. Become part of KUCD, a community of designers who are passionate about what they do, creating beautiful, memorable visual messages that can change minds and make a difference. A KUCD degree isn't just a piece of paper, it's proof of the experience. It's a secret handshake into the world of design, and the portfolio of amazing work that you'll carry with you to seal the deal. Because what's a degree worth if you don't actually have fun getting it? Don't choose between an enjoyable education and a solid degree. Get both.
Brand New MFA. Brand new you.Kutztown University offers the first and only Master of Fine Arts in Communication Design within the PASSHE system. Learn new and innovative ways to solve design problems, or to identify problems that may be solved using expert communication design. Gain the ability to assess the effectiveness of design and how it influences behavioral change. Broaden your design experience through 12 full-time faculty members with focused design expertise, with real-world experience. Direct your studies, and relish the creative freedom that our curriculum provides. Students explore their personal and professional design aspirations and expand their skill set to meet those goals. The sky is the limit. Become a faculty member at a college or university, a studio or business owner. Utilize your electives to prepare for career advancement or teaching opportunities by selecting related courses from other graduate programs at KU. No matter the path you choose, you will be a highly sought after designer in emerging areas of communication design.
Exhibits and EventsKUCD is very active with monthly AIGA events, design film screening, workshops, and exhibit openings. We have annual events that keep give back to the community and help our graduating class assimilate into their new design careers.
KUCD prides itself on offering the best resources available.
- Our classrooms and CD Lab have new iMacs loaded with all the software students use
- The Lab is generally open 24-7 — every day that the university and dorms are open
- Four lab workstations are reserved for scanning or digital illustration work — three 22” Cintiq displays and an 11 x 17 scanner
- The Lab also offers a service bureau that provides large format color printing, laser cutting and etching, 3D printing, non-toxic adhesive application and a direct-to-garment printer
- With training, students can also use the Landis Press Letterpress Studio and our 4-arm Screenprinting Press.