Where to Start. It is a two-part process.
Apply to Kutztown University + Apply to Communication Design =
More seriously. Read through the content on this page and ask questions. If you need more information you can:
- Contact Admissions to apply to the University. Call the Admissions Office at (610) 683-4060 or toll-free 1-877-628-1915 between 8am and 4:30pm EST Monday–Friday or apply online. For more information regarding University admissions requirements click here.
- Contact the CD dept. Call the Dept. secretary at (610) 683-4530 8am and 4:30pm EST Monday–Friday or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
First-year aka Freshmen Applicants
The process for applying to the Communication Design department requires both application to the University and successful completion of an Art Test or portfolio review.
Portfolios are accepted from first-year students only on designated open house dates in an interview setting with three CD faculty. Space is limited. Registration for portfolio reviews may be made online from the Admissions Events page. On-campus review dates are:
- October 28th, 2016
- November 7th, 2016 — Visual Arts only Open House
- November 11th, 2016
We will also be reviewing portfolios at the following National Portfolio Days:
- November 12th, 2016 — Philadelphia
- November 13th, 2016 — New York City
To proceed with an application using the Art Test (beginning August 29, 2016) please download the instructions to learn more.
You will be notified by Admissions whether you’ve been accepted to the University and to the program only after the deadline date. Please do not call the Communication Design Department regarding acceptance. We are not permitted to release that information.
Good luck and best wishes!
External Transfer Applicants
Transfer students are required to submit a portfolio of work using Slideroom for entry into the CD program. Transfers are accepted for fall admittance only. Transfer students should first apply to KU online. Please contact Admissions with questions about the process.
If you’ve already applied to KU, please download the instructions for submitting an external transfer portfolio to learn more.
Internal Transfer Applicants
Students already enrolled at KU in a different major may apply for internal transfer (switching majors) if they:
- pass a portfolio review
- submit two letters of reference from KU profs
- and the application itself.
Internal transfer deadlines are October 15th and March 15th for the following semester. Application forms are located outside SH302.